Sunday, May 13, 2007

Blossoming


I learned a lesson from a tree the other day.

There I was, walking hurridly past, caught up in yet another drama invented by my head on the recurring theme of how my life should be better than it is.

And, as if it were a whomping willow and not the charming little baby apple tree it is, it hit me.

"It'll happen."

I actually stopped mid-stride.

I had actually been pitying the tree as I walked because it is all tied down with ropes and stakes and such, but instead I realized that all this little tree has to do is wait. It is in position, been provided all the tools it needs to survive - no, to thrive. Everything else will just happen.

I grind my mental gears searching for ways to improve my situation and berate myself for wasting time - all for nothing. For all I'm being asked to do, as the tree showed me, is to grow - to take each opportunity offered and keep moving down the path. Right now, all I have to do is wait.

Is there a tree that can help with patience?

No comments: