Sunday, September 21, 2008

My daybook

I am wearing My favorite jeans, a black top and ratty sneakers.

I am reading all sorts of things, as usual. Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs and Finding Your Writer's Voice by Thaisa Frank and Dorothy Wall. Listening to a Laura Lippman.

I am hearing my husband's soft snore and my dog munching.

Learning all the time about embracing my true self.

I am thankful Jack was able to come home for a visit.

I am hoping for a perfect transition into the next phase of our lives.

From the kitchen Jack made the most amazing hamburger buns last night. However (not unfortunately) my kitchen will no longer be housing any grains. I am trying an insulin resistance diet plan. Because my doctor said to and my intuition chorused a big "Hallelujah."

I am creating, period.

Bringing beauty to my home with fresh herbs in the kitchen.

Around the house, we are planning a fall overhaul: Rip out walls, install insulation; rip up flooring and see if we have hardwood floors.

Outside my window the day is clouding. Just like my mood, since I am now counting the hours until I won't see Jack again for a month.

I am thinking about my mother.

A few plans for the rest of the week...None. Write. Plan a new way to eat. Live each day a little more mindfully than the last. Maybe do some laundry. :)

No comments: