Saturday, April 17, 2010

The courage to relate

I feel different and need to remember that the red numbers on the scale are not validation. Those less easy to measure feelings are the mile markers. My limbs move more freely, more like tentacles than stumps. Food is nourishment, not solace. When my husband hugs me, it is my core he is touching instead of my shell.

It is as though as this season switches from winter hibernation to the rush to life that is Spring I, too, am awakened. I am very aware of my root; instead of maintaining a solid barricade there I now remind myself to stoke fires and keep energy moving.

This is the Source; connecting to it bridges me and my life to all that I eat, experience and love. It is engagement and exchange. Finally I taste the courage of relationship.

No comments: