Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Shifting gears

It is funny; every time I am undergoing a significant shift I imagine I am on a lonely journey through to my personal highest self. Then - without fail - I get a newsletter email from Sarah Winslow outlining how just about every client she has is undergoing the same shift. Amazing.

The shift this week is about transitioning from being OK with authenticity to building strength. Of course, I am not done with authenticity yet. This seems to work more like dominoes where one lays atop the other than checkers where you get to move to a whole new square with each move.

Only 8 more pounds until goal #1 is met. I'm considering it my reward challenge. On the reward table are a party, new haircut and a giant bouquet of flowers. I'm giving myself until May 15 to hit the bell. Forty-two pounds down. Eight more to go (for now).

There are many more to go, of course, but we have to focus on the small triumphs. In fact, I'm trying even harder to focus on those eight pounds ever since hearing that someone I know who wore the same size I did has already dropped to 170. I am still at 227.

Harrumph.

This jealousy has me flummoxed, though; it is as though I have cornered the market on weight loss success and anyone else's success somehow subtracts from mine. My, my, we have a long way to go, don't we, self?

No comments: