Monday, May 28, 2012

One Powerful Breath

<p>&lt;p&gt;A few years ago I began going to church, mostly because I decided I should. There was no passion behind it, nor a sense of it as a path to being of service to my community. &lt;/p&gt;<br>
&lt;p&gt;I chose the church where a man I knew from work was the pastor. He was a tremendous example of a living Christian, but not a fiery preacher. One day they held a joint service with another church and their pastor conducted the sermon. &lt;/p&gt;<br>
&lt;p&gt;I don't remember the&amp;#160; point, but his message opened my eyes to the holy spirit. Like so many paths to religion, it confirmed what I felt and therefore drew me in. </p>
<p>The internal voice, the one speaking not from my head or even my heart, but from deep inside my bones - it was the Holy Spirit! For years, from the time I learned to listen, I'd been hearing it resonate from every cell. The voice of my DNA was the Holy Spirit. </p>
<p>For me, this revelation has guided most, if not all, decisions I've made. To find out the Holy Spirit has it's own holiday! I got all excited. Next year I'm having a bug Pentecost party. Christmas, Easter, yeah, they're great, but I can't wait to start my own traditions in celebration of the Holy Spirit.

No comments: