Sunday, January 7, 2007

laaaaay zeee

Well, we've certainly observed the Sabbath today! It is 5 pm and I am still in my pajamas! My great cleaning plans were stymied by a broken vaccuum cleaner (in my defense, I was extra-productive yesterday). So it's still cat hair city around here.

In other news, I did in fact *give* the money to my friend and it is all working out swimmingly. She is much relieved and happy and that makes me feel good. Yesterday was spent getting organized and then we had a very nice dinner with friends.

It was a Wyoming-style dinner party - we knew the hosts, but not the other couple who came (though they live two houses down). We were there until 11! It was very nice to just sit around and visit with people. Among the dinner table conversation was ethanol, jewish tradition, and a born-again commune in Waco, Texas. Also rebuilding a CCC bridge near Gannett Peak. We also touched on global warming. It was very relaxed and nice.

No comments: